Followers

Saturday 21 April 2012

Nature, Gratitude and Burdens

So this morning I got to thinking... I was taking my dog Ernest out for his walk and I suddenly stopped and looked around at my surroundings. All of the things, the beautiful things that were surrounding me had gone quite unnoticed before yet here I was taking pictures of the surrounding beauty. It all took me to a thought that whilst we are meditating a great place to get to is to be grateful for beauty, beauty in the simple things that we sometimes take for granted. The trees, The Sky, The Bluebells, The dew on the morning grass, The sun rising and peeping through the trees and much much more that the brand new day had in store. I felt excited by the new day and although I am no different to anyone of you in that I too have burdens and worries it made me realise how the control that I had learnt since my training began has brought so much comfort. I can honestly say that no matter what comes my way I do not let troubles occupy my mind for too long. Meditating is a fantastic way to calm the mind and allow the daydreaming to take you somewhere beautiful. Harry Edwards teachings talk about the fact that the waking moments left to us in the day as we retire to bed are crucial ones. The thoughts held at this time will not only secure restful sleep but will rid the mind of the worries and frets that all of us have. I always think to myself in times of trouble THIS TOO WILL PASS and I simply do not allow the burdens to overtake my life. From my healaing page today,  simply seeing that all of you too have burdens, (of course you do)  brought this blog to life and I have been itching to compose it all day. No matter what is going on in your life and of course for some it will be worse than others. Take a breather, take some time out and allow the mind to wonder to a place of beauty and tranquillity. Allow the thoughts in that worry you, but be sure to let them out too xx We are constantly learning and the journey of self discovery has so much to offer us. Go grab a camera and when you find the beauty around you please post a pic on my healing page xxx lots of love as always xx I will do a reading for the most beautiful pic of the week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment