Followers

Saturday 8 July 2017

TAO DE CHING & WAYNE DYER

Hello & Welcome 
Many of you would have been a big part of my 6 year chapter of growth disguised within a wonderful page on FB otherwise known as AMHealing.. About a month or so ago I decided to follow a strong nudge that was re-directing my work. I have had several of these nudges and despite not always wanting to listen and follow, I have done so even if it has meant that I appear confusing to others. Each time I followed, the reason became clear and so my recent decision was one of the easiest I had to make. I believe very strongly that I have been placed in some awkward positions but that I was there to complete a job. A task which I rarely had much choice in. My point here being that we should always listen to that nudge. As Wayne Dyer would say "IF PRAYER IS US SPEAKING TO GOD, THEN INTUITION IS HIM SPEAKING BACK TO US" Maybe we are not all in that place of being able to listen but I do believe it is a place we can slowly find..
So...... As I presumed my work is far from done and my next chapter sees a wonderful year ahead of self study through the work of Lao Tzu... As you will see above in the picture, The Tao de Ching was written 500 years before the birth of Jesus.. Lao Tzu was a Chinese Philosopher and his work has been translated over 14000 times. I came to find out about this work after choosing some beauty products made by RITUALS and on the side of the container I noticed the name was TAO.... Now this was only one of the amazing syncronicities I felt taking place and there were many more to come. I purchased the book (pictured below) just after Christmas this year and started to work with the verses that Wayne Dyer had broken down into his interpretation of the work. This made it easier but it still required much thought to engage in the work fully. I would read a verse and apply it to that day and then sometimes I would leave the book for a while and simply get on with my busy life.. 
Now about a week ago and during a time when there is much going on with my own family I found myself watching a video with Wayne and Oprah Winfrey... I was in awe and knew I was being called back to work with the verses.. This time though I would find myself working with my daughter on what will be a whole year of self study.. Basically we are taking one of the 81 verses and applying it for 4 days. Wayne Dyer did this and he is our inspiration. I will add a link at the bottom for anyone who feels drawn to watch the video..
I have decided to write about each verse after working with it and share my thoughts on how it has impacted my life with examples where possible. You will find many people have completed this work for a year and also blogged about it so feel free to search the Internet for other explanations of how the verses can be interpreted. Anyone can do it but as I have always said, if you are going to do something then give it your all....
Verse 1......(as explained by Wayne Dyer)
I CHOOSE TO ENJOY LIVING THIS GREAT MYSTERY.. THE DAO THAT CAN BE NAMED IS NOT THE DAO...

Ok so you are thinking what on Earth does that mean? Well firstly Dao..Tao are the same thing pronounced with the D.... Now the naming of things gives it a label and the DAO has no label.. It simply cannot be named because it is the way.. It is the great mystery... It cannot be pinned down... It is the way... It has no name because it is the way.....  The Tao is not a 'name' for a 'thing' but the underlying natural order of the Universe whose ultimate essence is difficult to circumscribe due to it being non conceptual yet evident' in one's being of aliveness.. So as you can see we are working with the path, the key, the route etc.....

Now the first part of the verse is simply wonderful.. When your day gets difficult or challenges arise remember it is always a choice.. The choice being whether or not you choose to enjoy this great mystery or not.. It will not always be easy and as the world shows us much suffering, it also shows us many more good and kind things than those that are not so good.. My daughter and I studied this verse for 4 days and we meditated upon it's meaning. We had regular updates about how we could apply it to our daily lives and we both found that we were able to mentally speak it and bring about a sense of enjoyment when the task at hand or the situation seemed difficult. It brought about a feeling as Wayne explains of watering down the EGO . That EGO which he explains beautifully as the part of us that likes to be  "EDGING GOD OUT"...  When we feel separated this is the ego working at its best.. He suggests we start to edge God back in and by doing this we realise we are all one. We always have a choice.. So four beautiful days were spent speaking, thinking and doing verse 1..... It was life changing and the words are etched in my memory forever... I HAVE A CHOICE......
My aim is to share each verse with you as I complete it .... I hope you enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4zhQ3M892E


THANK YOU READING.. LOTS OF LOVE ALISON XX

No comments:

Post a Comment